HOW TO PREPARE YOUR COMPANY?
- Are our Security team informed to ensure they’re aware of their obligations under the GDPR and do they have sufficient resources to implement any required changes or new processes?
- Do you have a defined policy on retention periods for all items of personal data, from customer, prospect and vendor data to employee data? Is it compliant with the GDPR?
- If you’re a data processor, have you updated your contracts with the relevant controllers to ensure they include the mandatory provisions set out in Art. 28 of the GDPR?
- In cases where your third party vendors are processing personal data on your behalf, have you ensured your contracts with them have been updated to include those same processor requirements under the GDPR?
- Are you implementing a policy of ‘Data Protection by Design and Default’ to ensure you’re systematically considering the potential impact that a project or initiative might have on the privacy of individuals?
- Do you have procedures in place to handle requests from data subjects to modify, delete or access their personal data? Do these procedures comply the new rules under the GDPR?
USE OPT-IN CONFIRMATION REQUEST
We recommend the use of the double opt-in which guarantees that you are complying with the affirmative informed consent requirement to use the e-mail addresses of your contacts and other contact information to send them messages in the future. Click here to view the guide on creating opt-in forms.
ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE CONTACTS
The right of rectification is a fundamental part of the GDPR, which allows a contact to update and correct the information. With LeadBI it is very easy to find your profile contacts and proceed to modify or update it. Click here to access the guide.
ABILITY TO EXPORT CONTACTS
The right to portability and the right of access both require the possibility of exporting individual contacts. With LeadBI you can easily and quickly export every contact. Click here to view a guide on how to export the desired contact.
ADD AN AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT AND DECLARE USE THROUGH THE ACTIVATION FORM
You will need to clarify how you will use the personal data that you collect in the activation consent forms. You can use LeadBI modules with the ability to use HTML blocks. We recommend that you seek advice from a qualified legal professional before publishing your consent request for greater compliance security.
DELETE INACTIVE CONTACT LISTS
The intent of GDPR is to protect the privacy of residents in the EU. Following the guidelines of this regulation, it is recommended to delete personal data that are no longer necessary or inactive. You can choose to delete inactive or unregistered contacts rather than keeping them in your account.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION WITH A QUALIFIED LAWYER
These are our useful information to help you prepare as a LeadBI customer, but the GDPR guidelines are expansive and most likely influence other aspects of your business. We recommend that you contact a qualified legal counsel to understand the full impact of the GDPR on your business.
Sign up! It's easy